Is Labour Doomed?

Sat, May 16 2009 03:15pm BST 1
Paul Judge
Paul Judge
26 Posts
Labour's polling performance has dived; it is presiding over the deepest recession in 60 years; it's benefactors are threatening to withold funding; it's MPs are threatening to defect to the Liberal Democracts. Does Labour have future?
Sat, May 16 2009 05:08pm BST 2
Dominic Wheatley
Dominic Wheatley
3 Posts
Labour is finished for now. However, the Tories are also seen as greedy and shabby in the way they have taken their expenses for things that generally you would have thought they could easily pay for - especially the weathly ones. The Tories have lost their 'Officer Class' image.
Sun, Jun 7 2009 03:12pm BST 3
John Matchett
John Matchett
9 Posts
Only the Jury Team can kill the labour party. They're damaged now and it's of their own making but they have the meme of being the party for those at the bottom of the pile. They will always have that core vote unless we take it from them.

Even in bad times for labour, many of their core voters will not vote against them but simply stay away from the ballot box.
Sun, Jun 7 2009 03:29pm BST 4
Steve Lawrence
Steve Lawrence
12 Posts

Not so quick..

Ive just seen a poll in the sun, that asked how people would vote.
No matter what you think of the sun, it's a paper that alot of ordinary voters read. Ordinary voters we need to win over.

Labour 32%
Conservative 27%
LibDems 18%

Another poll say's 31% of people will not vote ate all. These are the people we need to connect with.

Lots and lots of work to do.

Steve Diffin

Mon, Jun 8 2009 08:18pm BST 5
Jason Garrett
Jason Garrett
5 Posts
Only the Jury Team can kill the labour party.
I am new to all this so forgive me if I step out of line here. As a member of the Great British public I have seen politicians badger and scald other MP and their parties. I am tired of this attitude. I don't want to see or hear people I am paying for behaving like my nine year old! It is time the British public stood up and said "Hey you I put you in power to make my life better not have a jolly play time at my expense!" This is what I saw the Jury team as heading for. Am I wrong?
Tue, Jun 9 2009 12:20pm BST 6
John Powell
John Powell
10 Posts

I think that if the british public, truly knew more of what, we in
the JuryTeam stood for, open, honest and violently opposed
to deceit, lies, fraud and corruption.
We would not only kill off the Labour party, but we would also
give all the other parties, a run for their money.
We got to get the name more and more know, by everyone
possible, and as quick as possible.
Wed, Jun 10 2009 03:16pm BST 7
John Donovan
John Donovan
19 Posts
I think the JuryTeam do need some core values and answers to questions like MP,s MEP's and in Wales, Assembly, in Scotland, Scotish,MP's Expenses, second homes etc..
With the type of amounts of money spent on second homes for MP's needing to stay in London..
Why not buy a Hotel etc and make MP's stay there when they need to remain in London...
When not in us, by MP's it could be used, as a dare i say, a hotel with paying guests!!!
And a Independent business set up, (accountents) to moniter, and issue payment of expenses after the MP ands in his or hers receipts ..
Travel is another issue Way does our MP's only ever travel first Class,,
another reason that they do not understand the problems the general public..Most are out of touch.. This is just a thought,, hope some of you can give a better answer, but its a startMoney mouth
Sat, Jun 13 2009 04:34pm BST 8
Lyn Tofari
Lyn Tofari
12 Posts
Leases on 'serviced apartments' are plentiful in London, less of a drain than having to insure, furnish and maintain apartments, no service charge, either.
No problem with them travelling first class as long as they are not billing for first class and actually going budget, which is one of the items that came up for the MEP's. Would rather an MP travelled home from London to the far reaches of the country by 'sleeper' train.
Sat, Jun 13 2009 05:46pm BST 9
John Donovan
John Donovan
19 Posts
Of Course if we want to save even more money on MP's who need to stay in LONDON, or even Cardiff. let then stay in a Army Barracks it would even have its own security team looking after them,, so they could sleep knowing that they were in good hands,,
Provided of course they don't cutt the Defence budget to much!!!Smile
Sun, Aug 16 2009 10:22pm BST 10
Sarah Shane
Sarah Shane
1 Posts
RIP Labour party.
Mon, Jul 5 2010 09:18pm BST 11
Alex Damms
Alex Damms
1 Posts
RIP

:)

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.